Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tartan in Summer and Men in Kilts


I know...tartan in summer, 
what am I thinking?


I am packing for a week's holiday in Scotland
and just checked the weather to see that
we will be landing in Edinburgh 
to temperatures of 19C/66F...in August.

So...I am thinking tartan 
and lots of it and if I could,
how would I dress myself in tartan.

A Yohji  Yamamoto tartan cape


A vintage tartan skirt


A handmade tartan pouch 
which conveniently is available on Etsy


Even better, if I could find a Scottish cashmere wrap and slippers
that looks like these I would not hesitate for as second.



If you are like me and are counting down the days to September 
when that little kick and a nip is in the air with
 'Back to School' days close behind it
you will understand while I am smiling at this moment.


In the meantime, Scotland here I come.
Rain and wind and all, I am prepared.
My camera is ready for tartan and men in kilts :)
Bring it on!


Gerard Butler via Provocateuse
(well, he is Scottish!)

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!!

Jeanne

PS...don't forget to join in on my Flowery Giveaway!

via me

No comments:

Post a Comment