Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Woman Of Her Time...

I admire 'can do' women who like to get on with life and make the most of it. It is easier said than done. I would most definitely put Osa Johnson in this category. I am reading 'I Married Adventure' and am so impressed with what this woman managed to accomplish in her time. For Martin and Osa Johnson life was a partnership and they did everything together. The story is about their travels and it is an exciting tale. If ever there was a woman who stood by her man thru thick and thin she was the one. I think of the times when Mr H. has come home and said 'guess what?'  I would cringe with what was going to come next...'we are moving'. Well, never again will I complain. Martin came home with the same phrase except they were off to far distant lands searching for places that no man and most definelty no woman of that time would have dared to step into. They went, she managed their lives admirably and lived to tell the tale. A woman of her time and a brave one at that. 

She had moxie!

 Images via Google

No comments:

Post a Comment