Friday, September 16, 2011

Grace Notes


 I am finding more and more these days,
that I like to have a book or two by my side,
to keep me company, to set me straight.

It could also be that I tend to sit in so much
traffic these days that it makes the minutes and hours
pass by sweetly.

One of those books, was given to me by a dear friend.
It was a parting gift to remember my time living in Australia.
It has been several years and I still think of her every time I turn a page.

The author of the book is an Australian, Kate Llewellyn.
 The book... 
Playing with Water
A story of a garden

It's quite simple, she buys a house in a coastal town,
and creates a garden. As she sets roots in her new community 
her plantings are following suit. 

Kate Llewellyn is a gifted writer and
manages to transport me from the hum drum of a 
traffic snarl to feeling grass underfoot, dirt on my fingertips
and the heady fragrance of Australian flowers in the moonlight.





When I sit and read, I take pen to paper. I do it with all the books I love.
A scribble here and there to remember my favourite passages.
I like to be able to find those few special words at a moment's notice.





Houses are like marriages......



A barefoot good Samaritan and a chocolate cake....


What glorious days are these....



How about you, do you have a book or two
to keep you company?


Images and text from Playing with Water....a story of a garden
by Kate Llewellyn. More book info here.


PS..
If you are interested in a giveaway, 
you can join in the fun, here.




No comments:

Post a Comment