Monday, March 21, 2011

sunshine, fresh air, long walks....

Dear Friends
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I am sitting at my desk as the sun falls on another beautiful day in Surrey. We were very lucky to have two sunny days! Amazing what a bit of sunshine can do for your spirits :)  I managed to touch base with my daughter Christine which I am thankful for. She is still holding fort in Christchurch, New Zealand. They had a recent jolt (5.1 earthquake) and I am hoping that is the last of it. Classes are about to resume at her University or I should say in her bedroom. The buildings still are not ready for full classes and her participation will have to start via computer. She is ready to get on with it. Somewhere along the way she discovered a passion for Anthropology....I am still letting it sink in. She is a bit like her mother, my Christine, always onto something new. You don't want to get me started!
I want to thank those of you that responded to my postcard post. I look forward to writing to you all this week. :) 
I thought I would share a few photos from the weekend. Mr. H. and I got out and about as much as we could. Lots of walking...I needed that!
Best wishes for the week ahead to one and all :)
Jeanne xx


We walk down this street to get to town from our house...
it is a brilliant shade of green this week.


This is one of the many homes we pass...I wish I could show them all to you.
It will require a little espionage work on my part but I will try :)

I first spotted this garden on a snowy afternoon...very special.

One of the many sights of the day...we were in car behind the horses for a while.
I took this thru the car window....

We walked along the River Thames where Tika was most anxious to join this swan.

Tika enjoying freedom, off the lead, at last....

It was one of those days.... that encouraged everyone to be outdoors.

I did not capture her
quick enough...this woman
was a sight in her red beret.

Before I go...I wonder if you could help.
In the midst of all this sunshine, I have been playing with my blogs.
I changed my photo...a more difficult task than I thought. The downside
to taking pictures are the very few that exist of the photographer!


I can't decide.... antique finish or black and white?
The original photo is in black and white.

PS...I changed the previous photo after yet another person asked me if I was
drinking a bottle of wine. I started to wonder...maybe you all 
thought I was a happy drinker this past year :)

Well, I am, but not to that extent :)

What is your vote?
Antique, black and white or the happy drinker?

images~me
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment