Thursday, May 20, 2010

Surprise!



Surprises all around for this girl.

I was told that a new office chair was to be delivered on Wednesday morning and it would arrive between 9:00am-12:00pm. I decided it would be a good time to tackle a few house projects and started the day checking in with the blogging world.  You smile, as you know this was my first mistake. 

One hour later...with keys pounding away at my hopeless attempts at my Wordless Wednesday post, the intercom rang at the entrance gate. Frustrated, I buzzed the gate open after the driver mentioned a delivery. 

When he pulled up, I muttered something to myself about his not being able to read as this was not a delivery van and he was coming to the wrong house. My WW post still on my mind, I walked out and suggested he may have made a mistake and to check his address. When he read his instructions to me....my mouth dropped and I immediately whipped out the phone. 

To Mr. H...I said 
"There is a very white, low to the ground convertible sports car in our driveway,
do you know anything about this?" 

To which he replied, 

'Yes, you said you wanted a chair with four wheels" 
(he laughs, referring to the office chair).




Pardon me while I swoon...
Mr. H loves surprises and loves to think of new ways to catch me off guard.
Our honeymoon, my wedding ring and my 40th birthday party are high on the list. 
I think he has outdone himself this time and he is delighted!

I should mention that a small, zippy car has been the subject of debate for 
several months now. I have discovered these little English country lanes 
are not suited for the large tank I currently drive.  There has been some serious 'mini ' 
envy these past few months. With each mention to Mr. H about a smaller car 
there was an emphatic 'no' in return.

Well done Mr H!

You may ask how I will spend my time in this zippy little car....


*Joni and I are going 
  to drive like the wind!

Care to join me?

* Listening to Joni Mitchell at Wordless Wednesday post

No comments:

Post a Comment