Sunday, May 15, 2011

BlogTalk: Blogger vs. Wordpress

The South Bank Lion on Westminster Bridge in London,
standing the test of time for the last 150 years.
Will Blogger do the same?


We need to talk....

I woke up this morning in contemplation of many things but one that is probably on your mind as well, is the state of Blogger. How could they? What were they thinking? Was it really necessary? Will it happen again? Our work..our thoughts, our photos...our wellbeing, all poured into these little boxes called 'New Posts'.  I had to think outside the square (rectangle), literally and think of another solution.

Off I went, to investigate Wordpress. I now have another blog...floating in space, deciding whether I tie it down or let in linger in Never Never Land for another day. As I sat and looked at it, I thought, do I really want to do this? Learn another set of complicated instructions? Is my brain matter capable of this? I decided that is wasn't and sat patiently, waiting for Blogger's return.

Blogger is back, yet I write, wondering, if what I write, will be here tomorrow. I am looking forward to catching up with my blogging friends, but will my comments still be with them tomorrow?

What do we think fellow bloggers?

Here are my considerations at the moment.

Should I merge my blogs and move over to Wordpress or another format? Others have done it but
would they do it again if they had the chance? For those of you that have, what are your thoughts?

Should I purchase a URL under '.net or .org' for safe keeping? I am assuming that would require the use of a professional as I would most likely merge all five blogs into one. Something I have been considering for some time.

Do I say, ballyhoo...and let it all go? I did manage to get quite a bit of work done yesterday without the distraction of the blogosphere.

In the interim, yesterday, I turned to my Collage of Life Facebook Page and added a few comments.
I wonder if I should just do that instead? I like the format and the ability to have conversations with blogging friends. I should do it more often. If you care to join in, click the 'Like' button here. Would love to 'chat'.

So...I have lots of news, photos, thoughts and yet, this is top of mind to me at the moment and I would
sincerely like to read what you think. Are you thinking what I am thinking?

Decisions, decisions.....

With sweet thanks :)

Jeanne


PS...If you think I am sounding a bit rash, it gets crazier, here.

image~me


No comments:

Post a Comment