Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Picnic, Vintage Morris Minor and the Chelsea Flower Show


I felt like this sweet thing upon arrival at the Chelsea Flower Show yesterday.
I thought...if I could just move this person and that person, then
just maybe I could get a picture of...something.

That's the way of these things...you just have to be prepared.
Last year I managed a ticket for arrival first thing in the morning.
This year, I was a bit late into the game and only managed
an early evening ticket, starting at 5:30pm.


To be honest, it is wonderful to be there any time of the day.
You just have to go with the flow.
So....while I organise my photo files, I thought
I would invite you to join me on a picnic.


How about we fire up the motor on this beauty below,
a Morris Minor 1000 Traveller Estate Wagon.
I am seriously wondering if I could tuck this car away in one of
our containers on our next move. We brought two 40' containers from
New Zealand to England...what's one more when it is in the name of love?


I say, we take the car, park it under a big old tree, 
with a view of the English countryside. 

How about a trailer off the back of the car to tote along this shed?
A shed of our own and the comfort of a big old tree.
We can call it home sweet home for the afternoon.

We would not have to pack much as I would have planned a hamper
from Fortnum and Mason (here) because really...when you are going on a picnic..you
just have to do it right.  Be sure to bring your latest summer hat, we must take care 
from the sun in the name of midlife beauty. My latest thoughts on that, here.
  

 I like the notion of bringing along a few vintage 
gardening books to keep in the spirit of the moment. 
Cameras, sketch pads, music, arm chairs, 
a few kilim rugs, overstuffed pillows....
Do you think it will fit?


I promise to pack a few surprises in these vintage suitcases to keep
us entertained. If I gave one to you to pack for our picnic,
what would you bring along?

In the spirit of a weekend outing, I am sending you best wishes
for a wonderful weekend. Short or long, I hope it is fruitful !

More on Chelsea Flower Show coming up...
an inspiration or two at a time. :)

PS..Does anyone know what has
happened to the FOLLOWERS
widget from the sidebar? A few
other thing have gone MIA
too. Same for you?


Top image- a greeting card from my collection.
All others taken by me somewhere in between
the masses at the Chelsea Flower Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment