Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Tree Talk

What I want to know is how soon is to soon?
I am pondering trees at the moment and am in a quandry.

In America, 
our  favourite tree was the Fraser Fir.


In Australia and New Zealand, 
we used the plantation pine (Pinus Radiata).


In England, 
the choices are the Norway Spruce (left)
and Nordmann Fir (right).


We are still deciding. 
In the meantime, 
I would love to know...

What country do you live in?
When do you put your Christmas tree up?
Do you have a particular type that you like to buy?
Do you prefer a fresh tree or artificial?
Do you have a preferred height?

What do you think?
Should we go for the 
Norway Spruce or Nordmann Fir?

Decisions, Decisions!

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend 
from this tree pondering blogger :)

Image:
Christmas tree harvest at 
Goldsworth Nurseries, Woking, c. 1930
Photograph by Photopress at Fleet Street
Surrey History Centre


POSTSCRIPT:
Thank you all for your fantastic responses. I have learned so much!
I thought I would add the trees that some of you have mentioned.
I am also adding a wonderful pine scented candle that I use every year...it
works like magic at bringing the Christmas Spirit into our home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment