Sunday, April 18, 2010

Alice in.. Fashionland?



As I mentioned in my previous post, I went to the movie Alice In Wonderland last Friday. And i have to say, it really was amazing! The fairytale was so twisted in a right way and it was so like Tim Burton. He really makes great movies. The character I really like was the Hatter played by the wonderful Johnny Depp. I noticed that Johnny still had some Jack Sparrow moves, but he really played this part well. His costume was amazing too, and i think that clothes are really important for a movie. Clothes and little habits make a character and every character is important for the whole feeling a movie tries to bring out. The right details can make a break a movie.
And of course the awesome costumes are a lot of fun to watch for fashionlovers among us!

Alice had of course a lot of beautiful dresses. The one I liked the most, was the dress the Hatter made, when Alice was hiding in the teapot. Its such a beautiful blue color, with all the frills! She looks a bit like a fairy :) I can't find a picture right now in the internet, but I think you guys know wich dress i mean.


This is actually not what I wanted to talk about today. What I noticed the past few months is that a lot of designers used Alice as their muse. She is of course very famous over the whole world and everybody knows the fairytale written by Lewis Carroll. But I never imagined that this little blond girl would have such a huge influence on the fashionworld. Of course, there were already a lot of products featuring Alice (with the "sexy" halloween costumes of course), but at the moment, she is even more popular and entered a different wonderland: The fashionworld. Its funny to see that a medium like TV has such a great influence on fashion, but on the other hand, fashion has of course an amazing influence on TV itself (The Coco Chanel movie for example). If you reason like that, actually everything has a huge influence on everything and everything and everbody depends on other things.. Can something original then be created, because there is always a thing that inspired that new creation?

Wow.. I'm going way to deep now.. I just wanted to show some fashion inspired by alice xD I already did that a long post ago with some products from Asos, but here are some real designs (Sue Wong with the Red Queen and the Bunny, Swarovski, Urban Decay) and some amazing photoshoots!

PS: Sorry voor alleen de engelse tekst xD Maar het artikel werd te groot voor nog een nederlandse vertaling.
PPS: Look, cool costume clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCiAF6fliw0






No comments:

Post a Comment