Friday, April 30, 2010

Poetry of Home

Friday morning
a file of torn pages
no rhyme or reason
from lots of magazines over the years
memories of New England

A peaceful morning
filling a basket with hydrangeas...

smell of fresh cut grass
rocking chair and ice tea waiting...

A busy mud room
excited voices ready to play....

Nantucket nautical breakfast room
coffee brewing on the stove...

looking out to sea
   listening to music....

made in New England
     relaxing with a good book.....

an artists corner
adding another thought or two...

the end of the day
chamomile tea and Robert Frost...

Note:
Can I just say that I am in this peaceful mode because my lovely children have been away for three days on school trips. One to France and the other to Spain. I have been galavanting around London for the past two days without a care in the world. Each morning I passed the dishes, the laundry pile, the beds and pranced out the door to catch the train, as giddy as a school girl. Managed two museum exhibits , lots of breaks in cafes and a dinner in town with Mr. H.  It was a vacation in itself.  I am taking the day to have a 'domestic' and am ready to tackle the mess. Well, sort of, does blogging count as work???
Can't wait to see the kids and hear about their adventures. I saw the images above and thought of the heart of a home and the simple things we do that bring so much joy.
Ok..off to work!

Best wishes for a wonderful, wonderful and fabulous weekend :)

Jeanne


Images
I will do my best here, they are from all over....
Image 1-3 Remodeling Ideas Magazine June/July 2003
Image 4-8 Elle Decor, assorted issues


Blogs by Jeanne
Collage of Life~one woman's view
In One Place~thinking about a creative life
Finding My Waydiscovering England
B-Well Reportwellness



No comments:

Post a Comment