Monday, February 28, 2011

Comfort Food...almost :)


I had the best intentions today.  I really did.
 I was going to take you thru the process of making one of our family favourite cookies. 
All was going well until my camera came out and then...the unthinkable happened.  
I left out a key ingredient and by the time I realised what happened, it was too late. 
The first batch was in the oven and I forgot to add the flour....ooops.

Let me start over again. We have a fantastic cookie recipe, 
'Phoebe's Fabulous Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies'.  My daughters love the TV show 'Friends'
So much so that one Christmas I bought them the cookbook, 'Cooking with Friends' 
and it has been a favourite recipe ever since.


This is a first for me, trying to multi-task with a camera and a counter full of baking supplies.  
All was going well up to this point.  I added my last drop of Equagold Pure Vanilla...
the Pacific Tahitian Variety from our days in New Zealand and then started thinking
 of my daughter in Christchurch. This could have been where I went off track. 


I was whipping and stirring the batter...thinking of the next step.


The secret ingredients were added.
The recipe calls for raisins but we like dried cranberries.
Another favourite is dried apricots.



I wanted to show you my Exopat Matfer baking sheet.
Everything tastes better when I cook on this....well almost.


I think this is when I lost the plot. I popped the cookie dough on the sheet
with a slight hesitation as something seemed amiss. By the time I realised that I had 
forgotten to add the flour it was to late and I just had to go with the flow.

Things looked a little promising here...


but not here!


Truth be told, they were not bad. If you like a thin cookie,
that is crispy and loaded with sugar and butter than
skip the flour in this recipe!

I managed to save the next few batches...
this is what it should look like!


As I write, each and everyone has been devoured..not by me :)
Yum Yum!!

If you are feeling in the mood for a little comfort baking. 
Try this recipe.
Just don't forget the flour!

A little Phoebe humour for you....

Phoebe:
Okay. We haven't known each other for that long a time. 
And there are three things you should know about me. 
One, my friends are the most important thing in my life. 
Two, I never lie. 
And three, I make the best oatmeal-raisin cookies in the world.

Rachel: 
Okay, Thanks Phoebs. Why haven't I tasted these before?

Phoebe:
Well. I don't make them a lot. 
Because I don't think it is fair to the other cookies.


images for above~me


More from me today....

From My Kitchen Window...here

Fashion Photography 
1940-1960...here



No comments:

Post a Comment