Friday, February 25, 2011

Gone Writing....with my Pen Pal



There are many times when I wish I could close the door to my office
and pop this sign on the front of it. I often wonder what it would be like to take more
than a day...matter of fact, I wonder what it would be like to spend more than an
hour to sit and write? A luxury that I will think about another day :)

Your comments to The Text Message...


I want to thank you all for commenting on my last post. I can't tell you how touched I was to receive such an outpouring of concern and support. I kept the tissue box close at hand as they rolled in. In fact, just the thought of them has me reaching for it again. I forwarded them to my daughter who sends her sincerest thanks. The latest is... that she has decided to stay in Christchurch. She feels there is much to be done and she wants to help. Although I am deeply concerned I have to say I would probably do the same. I think she has got to the point where I have to let go and let her make her own decisions. I guess at 20 that is to be expected. Perhaps sending her nearly 50 emails in one day with the latest earthquake reports etc....was a bit extreme.  It was my way of saying she should come home.  I reckon a mother's gotta do what a mother's gotta do...right? She has assured me she is fine. I have faith.


Breakfast at The Wolseley...


It is a funny world we live in, this virtual world. We leave comments back and forth and drop each other emails and as time passes you feel like you know someone as well as your closest friends. My kids tease me and call them my imaginary friends, but really, they are not. 
I met my first blogging friend last week and I am just so thrilled that I did. Pamela from The House of Edward and I met at The Wolseley in London for breakfast. I arrived early and busied myself with my notebook. I admit I was a bit nervous but not for long. Pamela swept in, a beautiful blonde, wrapped up for a cold winter's day. I looked up and my nerves dashed away. She has a glow about her. We smiled, we hugged (something I am prone to do :)) and we jumped right into conversation. So much to say!  I told my husband it was like getting together with a friend who I haven't seen for years. We just picked up from where we left off... like time had never passed.  A couple of times we finished each others sentences and laughed. Great minds think alike.
If you have not Pamela, please be sure to stop in and say hello. She is an engaging writer. She has a way of writing that sweeps you in and takes you to the most wonderful places. You could be staying for tea, baking with her in her kitchen, along side her and her fabulous dog Edward for her daily stroll or on an adventure to another place and time. She is a lovely person and it was an absolute delight to meet her. 
When you stop in, please stay a while and tell her Jeanne sent you :) You will find her here.

The gorgeous Pamela with her
faithful companion, Edward.

Just in...as only Pamela could tell it,
her thoughts on Pen Pals.
Thank you Pamela :)

Read here


On that note, I bid you adieu and best wishes 
for a wonderfully creative weekend!


Jeanne xxx


@ cashmerejeans...


and


Images:
Top~me
1~unknown, 2, 3
Bottom~me

No comments:

Post a Comment