Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hip Hop Happening Mama and the Winners!!




From 40 to 50....
As I approached the end of my 40's and moved into my current status of the fabulous 50's, 
I vowed, with my friend Z. that we were going to be Hip Hop Happening Mama's. 
Complaining about our age was not allowed. 

Z. and I met 10 years ago at a local church play group. I was 43 with a two year old 
and three older primary age children and she was the same age with an 18 month old  
and a three month old baby. To say we stuck out in a group of very young mothers is an 
understatement. It did not take us long to spot each other, exchange business cards 
and from that day on we have been the best of friends. 

You are as young as you feel....
Being one of the oldest mother in the school group brings it's own challenges. 
I was reminded this week when I dropped my youngest for an overnight school trip to France. 
I waved good bye and thought how quickly they grow up and I just wasn't ready for that to happen. 
I mentioned it to the other mothers around me as their toddlers hung off of their coat tails. 
No I thought...they are not ready to comprehend, just yet.  They look at me with two 
 in University, one in High School and one in primary and think I am some 
sixth wonder of motherhood. If only they knew :)

Hip Hop Happening Mama guidelines...
What is a Hip Hop Happening Mama? It goes with the adage that you look as young 
as you feel.   Z and I may be the oldest Mom's in the group but we try not to let it get the
better of us. We can't afford too!  I have been told many times that kids keep you young.
This may be true as kids do keep you on your toes and have a habit of not missing a thing.
If you are having an off day and you look as old as you feel, they have a way of letting you know.

To be a Hip Hop Happening Mama  it requires an extra pep in your step and a 'can do' attitude.
It is a state of mind with a little of that 'I am woman, hear me roar' kind of thinking :)
Z. and I reckon that if you feel good, you look good and we aim to keep the spirit going
as long as we can. Is this the case everyday?  No...but I try :)

Care to join us?
It is easy...just remind yourself, no matter what age you are,
that you are one Hip Hop Happening Mama and you rock!  
Don't let age get the better of you! 

PS..
You don't even have to be a Mama...
you just have to believe :)

Winners to my Surprise Giveaway
Thank you all for supporting my little giveaway.
It was fun learning all about you. My next post
will be what I learned...in the meantime,
here are the winners...
Natasha @ Five Minutes for Me
Itztru...from Vermont :)
Sandy aka Doris the Great @ Aging Disgracefully
Meredy @ Count it all Joy
Ilse @ Insh'allah
Random Integer Generator: 24 44 1 10 32

No comments:

Post a Comment