Friday, February 4, 2011

Freewriting



I like to freewrite.
Freewriting is writing without rules.  
You write to get you into the right frame of mind for writing.
You start by jotting down your first thoughts for five minutes and write non-stop.

Keep fingers down on the pen or keyboard...whatever your fancy.
No stopping to ponder...just keep writing and if you get stuck, 
write "I'm stuck, I'm stuck" or something to that effect. 
No daydreaming here...just write.

You may toss it all, you may highlight a few phrases, 
you may discover that you are a genius.

The key thing is that you are actively searching for ideas and words.
You are writing..you are a writer.

I find freewriting works best for me when sitting in a cafe with my ipod
to take away my tendency to ease drop :)

How about you, do you have a favourite spot to write?
Do you like to freewrite?
Do you have the same problem that I do...
ideas seem to come when I am driving, taking a shower,
 in church, at the movies  or when I am about to fall asleep. 
Then what??


More on freewriting and how to take it to the next level 
http://www.grammar.about.com/

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!!

Jeanne xxx


Top image- Travelinoma
Bottom image- Research Writers

No comments:

Post a Comment